Park v Song Read Aloud, Think Aloud
[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.4.1″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.1″][et_pb_column _builder_version=”4.4.1″ type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.4.1″ hover_enabled=”0″]
Read Aloud, Think Aloud
We will read through most of the decision together. As we read, we will discuss the meaning of each paragraph of the case. You may ask questions about words you don’t understand but please also offer suggestions as to what you think words mean.
As we read the case, please take notes and try to answer the following questions:
- What issue did the court need to decide? That is, what is the legal question in this case?
- Did the court find binding precedent on this issue?
- On which jurisdictions did the court rely in answering the issue? Did these jurisdictions provide binding or persuasive precedent?
- What did the court decide?
- Is Judge Schecter’s decision binding precedent on other New York trial courts?