Analogies 1 Podcast Quiz
0 of 7 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
- Car : Road : Train:___
2. Arrival : Departure : ___ : DeathCorrectIncorrect
3. Why isn’t “wheel” the best answer to question 1?CorrectIncorrect
Why does Daniel say, “Oh no!” when Stephen discusses the answer “Birth” in the second analogy question? (o7:45)CorrectIncorrect
5. Which of the following sentences accurately and grammatically express the same logical meaning as the original sentence below?
Original sentence: Just as a car travels on a road, a train travels on a track.CorrectIncorrect
6. Which of the following sentences accurately and grammatically express the same logical meaning as the original sentence below:
Original sentence: With regard to arrival and departure, life is not to death in the same way that birth is to death because birth, like arrival, suggests a moment in time whereas life is a period of time.CorrectIncorrect
7. In the sentences in the previous question, which of the following would be considered categorization words/phrases?
- Birth is distinguishable from life in this instance because birth is an arrival into life. But life can’t be said to be an arrival into birth.
- Birth and death are beginning and ending points in a timeline just as arrival and departure are beginning and ending points in a timeline. However, life refers to a period of time rather than a point in time.
- Life and death are both opposites in the same way that arrival and departure are both opposites. But life is not a point in time in the way that birth, death, arrival and departure are each points in time.
- Life is not an arrival into the world, whereas birth is an arrival into the world. So in that regard, birth would be a more appropriate opposite of death in this instance because death is a departure from the world. And so the opposites of birth and death more accurately reflect the opposite relationship of arrival and departure than would be the case with life and death.
- While life and death are both opposites just as arrival and departure are both opposites, life represents an entire period of time or a state of being whereas birth, like death, represents a moment or an event.
- Life and birth are both antonyms of death in a way that is comparable to how arrival and departure are antonyms. However, life and death are both states of being while birth is a specific event or moment in time.