Jones v. Mississippi 2.2: Introduction Assessment
Assess your understanding of the Introduction to Jones v. Mississippi sentences  – 
0 of 6 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 6 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Congratulations. Please click on View Questions to review your results.
- Who wrote the decision in Jones v. Mississippi?
2. What did the Supreme Court decide in Miller v. Alabama?CorrectIncorrect
3. Choose the best synonym of ‘petitioner’ in sentence : “In this case, a Mississippi trial judge acknowledged his sentencing discretion under Miller and then sentenced petitioner Brett Jones to life without parole for a murder that Jones committed when he was under 18.”CorrectIncorrect
What are the “precedents” the Supreme Court refers to in sentence ?CorrectIncorrect
Which of the following best explains what the Court means by “applies retroactively on collateral review” in sentence ?CorrectIncorrect
Match the words in the column on the left to the best definition from the column on the right.
- person who decides the punishment
- When new law empowers courts to consider prior decisions
- Applies to the past
- Early release from prison with conditions
- Cannot be redeemed
- Collateral Review