5.3: Sentences 37-57
0 of 2 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 2 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Connect the words on the left with the meaning on the right.
- To charge someone
- The Eighth Amendment
- In the wake of
- A hearing
- To accuse someone of a crime
- A less culpable form of homicide than murder
- Part of the Bill of Rights
- After a person is found guilty
- As a result of
- To apply to things in the past
- A proceeding before a judge
- Not discretionary
Please put the events described in Part IB in the correct order, from earliest to most recent.
- At his resentencing Jones was again sentenced to life in prison without parole.
- The Mississippi Court of Appeals rejected Jones's appeal based on the Supreme Court decision in Montgomery v. Louisiana.
- Jones was sentenced to life in prison without parole because Mississippi law required this sentence.
- The trial court denied Jones's motion for post-conviction relief.
- Jones appealed to the Mississippi Court of Appeals after he was resentenced to life in prison without parole.
- The Supreme Court of the United States decided Miller v. Alabama.
- Jones moved for post-conviction relief.
- Jones was charged with murder
- Jones was found guilty of murder
- The Mississippi Supreme Court ordered a resentencing hearing because of the Miller v. Alabama decision.
- The Supreme Court of the United States agreed to hear Jones's appeal.